Turkish Student Market Information
• The population of Turkey is over 80 million and teenagers make up 30% of Turkey's population, two times higher than EU average.
• Each year over 2 million Turkish students take the National University Placement Exam, but only 20% of them are placed in a university in Turkey. This means that many students will be looking to foreign institutions for admission.
• In 2017, more than 2,2 million students took the National University Placement Exam and only 423,479 students were placed in 4 year university in Turkey.
• Current political atmosphere in Turkey encourage Turkish students to study abroad. Numbers are tripled in the second half of 2016.
• One out of every two students in Turkey believes that a language, certificate or a diploma program is a must to build a strong career in Turkey.
* Turkish Minister of National Education (MoNE) offers full govermental scholarship more than 1500 Turkish students each year.
• In 2017, Turkey was the 11th leading country of origin for Intensive English Programs, as released from Open Doors Data.
• According to Open Doors Statistics, for the 2016/17 academic year, 10,586 students from Turkey studied in the US. This number includes graduate, undergraduate & intensive English Students but doesn't include short term language students.
* According to Open Doors Statistics Turkey is the 15th leading place of origin for students coming to the United States. The majority of Turkish students in the U.S. study at the graduate level. In 2016/17, their breakdown was as follows:33.3% undergraduate; 45.1% graduate students; 7.8% other; 13.9% OPT (Optional Practical Training)
*Turkey Sends More Students to the United States Than Any Other European Country
• In 2008/2009 ,7865 Turkish students applied for student visa for studying in the UK.
In 2016/17,2590 Turkish Student studied Higher Education in the UK
-In 2015,Turkish student numbers increased from 1.790 to 3.040 in Canada
• In the last 2-3 years the number of students in Australia is regularly increasing. In 2010, 2900 students enrolled in Australian Institutions but the number 2009 was 2500 students. This signifies around 20% increase.
• Since January 2004 the number of Turkish students studying in Canada has increased significantly. The number of long-term study permit authorizations increased by 14.72%.
• An overwhelming majority of Turkish students - 95% - would like to study overseas, according to a report released by the British Council
• Based on our past experience, we believe that Turkish students are playing an important role in enhancing student diversity on school campuses all over the world.
• Turkey is a member of NATO and the only Muslim country with a secular, democratic government. It is a modern environment in which schools can feel safe and can access regional markets conveniently.
• According to World Bank Education Statistics, Turkey is the 10th highest student provider country in the world.
• Per Open Doors Statistics, the total number of international students in Germany is 301,350 and it’s 33,004 students are from Turkey. Per these statistics there is a great potential for studying in Austria.
• Turkey is the 18th largest economy in the world, in terms of gross domestic product (GDP), and growth is predicted to be 3.5% in 2015. The annual growth exceed 7.4% in 2017. The GDP per capita of Turkey in 2017 was $10,817
• With private tuition fees in Turkey matching or exceeding those overseas.